Amanda, a 53 year old accountant presented with medically diagnosed irritable bowel syndrome, fatty liver and constant lethargy. She is very often sick with colds and coughs.
First consultation: Gastro-intestinal repair and nutritional support
– Gastro-intestinal repair: formula made of glutamine, slippery elm and specific probiotics, good gut integrity is indispensable for long term health.
– A good multivitamin/mineral with high B12 and high folic acid, her nutritional status was decreased due to the poor absorption caused by the IBS
– Extra magnesium, zinc and vitamin D 5000 I.U. as these deficiencies were noted.
– Diet modifications: reduce coffee, alcohol, sugary treats and increase water intake.
Second consultation: Liver and immune support
– Irritable bowel has improved but more relief is needed with the digestion and the fatty liver problem therefore liver herbs and digestive enzymes were added.
– To build up her immune system with Astragalus, St John’s wort, Echinacea and Olive leaf extract. This combination is antiviral and antibacterial.
– Vit C with bioflavonoids and co-factors are indispensable for supporting good immunity.
Third consultation: Stress and nervous system support
– Adrenal and brain support with Withania, Rhodiola, Gingko and Bacopa formula
– To address the poor sleep problem: Ziziphus and Magnolia , both are enhancing specific neurotransmitters to calm the nervous system and promote sleep.
The protocol was quite intense but her energy had neatly improved. The bowel regularity was re-established and the last blood test was showing the resolution of the fatty liver problem. To maintain her good recovery, she agreed to change her diet and undertake a moderate exercise program, complemented by some basic supplements.