Michael,a 45 y.o. plumber presented with severe pain on the right side, bloating and nausea, His G.P. had diagnosed fatty liver disease by ultrasound.
Fatty liver is a pathological increase in the fat content of liver cells that can severely compromise hepatic function.
DIET: HYPO-ALLERGNIC DIET
- Eliminate totally alcohol of any sort
- Eliminate deep fried, fatty, and processed foods
- Aim to limit dairy foods including milk, processed cheese, cream and butter. Opt for organic low fat yogurt and cheese such as ricotta or cottage.
- Avoid margarines and similar type spreads.
- Avoid sugary processed foods and drinks
- Consume only free range chicken and meat as artificial growth hormones, antibiotics and steroids increase the liver’s workload.
- Drink 2 liters of water each day.
- Increase fresh fruit and vegetables
TREATMENT: DETOXIFICATION FOR 8 WEEKS
- A non-alcohol herbal formula to support the liver function including: Milk thistle, a well-known herb and potent antioxidant that regenerates liver cells.It contains a flavonoid complex called silymarin, which studies have shown to protect the liver cells from toxins, it also promotes regeneration of damaged liver cells and has anti-inflammatory properties. Dandelion – is particularly effective in reducing inflammation. It also helps to improve bile flow, and it provides a rich source of vitamins and minerals that protect the liver.
- Lipotropics: These nutrients include choline, methionine and betaine, which mobilize the flow of fats away from the liver, out through the large intestine, and thereby decrease fatty deposits.
- Digestive enzymes and probiotics to support the digestion
- Michael reported immediate improvements in feelings of well-being within 3 weeks